- Grated parmigiano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chicken stock
- Carnaroli rice
- White asparagus
- Green asparagus
- Prosciutto cotto
- English peas
- Large sauté pan
- 2 Large sauce pot
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Remove stem from asparagus. Slice asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- Dice prosciutto cotto.
- Remove English peas from the shell. Discard shells.
- Finally, chop shallot.
- Remove basil leaves from stem roll up leaves and chop into ribbons.
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS (30 minutes)
Heat chicken stock in a large sauce pot until simmering. Once simmering reduce heat to low.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 of the butter (save remaining butter for the end) in large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Once butter has melted add finely chopped shallots\ a pinch of kosher or tablet salt\ and diced prosciutto. Stir and cook over medium-low heat until shallots are translucent.
- Add carnaroli rice and stir. Continue stirring for 1-2 minutes or until there is a slightly nutty aroma.
- When the risotto is cooked halfway through (15) minute or until the risotto is al dente. Al dente means tender but still firm to the bite. If you have run out of stock and the risotto is not cooked to your liking you may finish the cooking process by using warm water.
- Finish cooked risotto with 1/2 of the grated Parmigiano, butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a serving dish. Garnish with remaining grated Parmigiano and chopped basil ribbons.
Conversation questions:What is your favorite Easter memory? Activity: Egg Race! Create your start and finish line outside. Each player places and egg on a spoon/ First person to make it to finis line without dropping their egg doesn't do the dishes!