- 2- 10 oz. pizza dough balls
- 2 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. shredded provolone
- 12 asparagus stalks
- 1 cup flour
- 3 oz. prosciutto
- 2 oz. aged balsamic
- cutting board or pizza peel
- pizza stone or cookie sheet, or a round baking sheet pan. If you only have one cookie sheet or stone, you may cook one pizza at a time.
- chef’s knife
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees with pizza stone or cookie sheet. Pre-heat for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Take Pizza Dough out of refrigerator and let sit 10-15 min before stretching
- Remove stem from asparagus. Slice in half lengthwise. Set aside.
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS (30 minutes)
Watch our instructional pizza dough stretching video and on our website www.veropizzaandpasta.com and read the dough stretching recipe card in your box before you begin. Hand stretching dough can be tricky, but fun! The video and recipe card will help you navigate this new technique. If this seems too complicated, you can use a rolling pin to roll out your dough into a 12” circle.
- If you ordered Vero for 4 you will assemble your pizzas one at a time on your floured cutting board or pizza peel.
- IF YOU RECEIVED A VERO FOR 4 SIZE KIT, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SAVE ½ OF YOUR TOPPINGS FOR YOUR SECOND PIZZA.
- Place first hand stretched pizza crust on floured cutting board.
- Pour 1 oz., or ½ of your oil in the center of the crust. Using a pastry brush or the back of a spoon spread the oil over the dough with your border a ½” crust. Don’t get any oil on your board or your pizza will stick when sliding into the oven.
- Sprinkle provolone evenly over the crust.
- Take sliced prosciutto and tear into smaller 3-4” pieces and arrange over crust evenly.
- Place sliced asparagus onto pizza in a pinwheel
- Slide topped pizza from your cutting board or pizza peel onto your pizza stone or cookie sheet. Technique: Hold your peel or cutting board near your pizza stone at a slight angle. Using your wrists shake the board back and forth until it’s loose enough to slide onto your pre-heated stone. Your board or peel needs plenty of flour to slide easily into the oven.
- Assemble second pizza and repeat. Your first pizza will be done a few minutes before your second pizza. ( Vero for 4 only)
- Cook each pizza 8-12 minutes or until desired crispness and golden brown.
- Let pizzas cool 2-4 minutes.
- Slice pizza
- Use a spoon to garnish pizza with desired amount of aged balsamic.
- Enjoy your pizza!
- Seinfeld, Friends or Law & Order?